Self Catering in Stanford
While the story of Stanford has many a twist and dark tale, this quant country village has grown into itself and attracts a wide range of creative’s, foodies, bargain hunters and an occasional celebrity. Stanford is a historic little village established as a farming community on the banks of the Klein River with breathtaking views of mountain and evergreen valleys. The roads are narrow and the majorities are still gravel. There are interesting little shops, art galleries and restaurants and on Saturdays the locals sell their produce at the organic market in the centre of town.
The Fynbos Retreat is an affordable weekend getaway and one of the well appointed Stanford self catering accommodation offerings. Nestled between the fynbos clad mountains of the Overberg, the Fynbos Retreat gives couples, families and groups of friends the opportunity to relax, recharge and reconnect. While you may be looking for a hideaway and a chance to escape the city, the Fynbos Retreat offers you a wide range of outdoor adventures and things to do.
Why choose the Fynbos Retreat
- The convenient weekend getaway only a short two hour drive from Cape Town (get MAP & DIRECTIONS)
- Cheap and affordable Stanford Self catering accommodation
- Fully equipped and fully furnished to accommodate for couples, families and groups
- Located in the world renowned Grootbos Private Nature Reserve with pristine natural landscapes and revitalising energy
- Awesome outside entertainment area with pizza oven, braai places and incredible views over the dam and green valleys
- An exciting selection of things to do and outdoor activities right on your doorstep (hiking & mountain bike trails, 4x4, big dam for swimming and a whole lot more)
- On call assistance from Billy & Colleen your hosts (Billy is also a registered South African Tourist guide and local from the area – you can ask him anything)
- Closely situated to Stanford and other world class tourist attractions such as cage diving in Gansbaai, whale watching (De kelders & Hermanus), the Southern Tip of Africa and a selection of wine routes
What you need to know:
- Arum Lily House- Fully equipped house sleeps between twelve people and seventeen people. R1860 per night up to six guests, R310 per person over six.
- Fountain Bush Cottage - Fully equipped house sleeps maximum of eleven people. R1770 for up to six people . R295 p/p/n/ over six
- Sewejaartjie - One bedroomed cottage sleeps two in a double bed. R550p/n for the cottage
- Firelighters(R15) per pack and bags of wood(R20) can be purchased from management - honesty system. Cash only - no credit card facility.
- Catering - Meals can be arranged on a pre-booked basis:
- For larger groups (over 18 people) we can negotiate camping facilities and additional options
- We advise that you do your shopping and bring all your supplies with you (Gansbaai & Stanford are only a 20 minute drive if you forget something or need to stock up)
- A 4x4 will definitely add to the adventure (some incredible routes nearby) but most cars can access the retreat
- No breakage deposit: Honesty system.