Self Catering in Hermanus
The picturesque coastal town of Hermanus has attracted an international clientele for decades, and is better known as South Africas coastal Riviera. Cosily nestled between mountain and sea with the coveted title of best land based whale watching in the world, it is no wonder why. The clean Champaign air, selection of outdoor adventures and well appointed Hermanus self catering accommodation make it the perfect weekend getaway.
For couples, families and groups of friends there is no better place to escape the city, leaving behind all those restrictions of routine and busy city life. The Fynbos Retreat is an affordable self catering accommodation and relaxing retreat to nature. Surrounded by fynbos clad hills there are also an array of things to do so there never needs to be a dull moment . . . unless you so wish.
Why Choose Fynbos Retreat:
- An ideal nature retreat and affordable self catering accommodation in Hermanus
- Perfect for couples, families and groups of friends looking for a weekend getaway
- A great outside area for entertaining with large braai places, a pizza oven and big dining tables
- An array of outdoor adventures right on your doorstep (hiking trails, mountain bikes, 4x4, big dam for swimming and a whole lot more)
- Located in the world renowned Grootbos Private Nature Reserve with unparalleled beauty and biodiversity
- Your friendly hosts Perdita & Jan are always available to help you and show you around (Jan is a certified South African Field guide)
- In close proximity to major attractions such as Great White Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai, land & boat based whale watching, wine routes (Hemel n Aarde, Stanford & Elim Wine Routes) and the Southern Tip of Africa.
What you Need to know
- Fynbos Retreat's accommodation is located in the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve.
- Arum Lily House- Fully equipped house sleeps between twelve people and seventeen people. R1860 per night up to six guests, R310 per person over six.
- Fountain Bush Cottage - Fully equipped house sleeps maximum of eleven people. R1770 for up to six people . R295 p/p/n/ over six
- Sewejaartjie - One bedroomed cottage sleeps two in a double bed. R550p/n for the cottage
- Firelighters(R15) per pack and bags of wood(R20) can be purchased from management - honesty system. Cash only - no credit card facility.
- Catering - Meals can be arranged on a pre-booked basis.
See the RATES page for additional info
- For larger groups (over 18 people) we can negotiate camping facilities and additional options
- We advise that you do your shopping and bring all your supplies with you (Hermanus is a short drive away if you do forget something or need to stock up)
- A 4x4 will definitely add to the adventure (some incredible routes nearby) as the road leading to the retreat is gravel but most cars can access the retreat
- No breakage deposit: Honesty system.