Self Catering in Western Cape
The Western Cape is often considered to be the jewel of South Africa. With pristine stretches of coastline, the Cape Floral kingdom and large areas of protected nature reserve it is no wonder why. No single destination captures the magnificence of the Western Cape quite as well as the Overberg, providing an unrivalled marine and nature experience for outdoor adventurists and nature lovers alike. Fynbos Retreat is at the heart of it all, surrounded by picturesque fynbos clad hills and providing you with best Western Cape self-catering getaways.
For couples, families and groups of friends looking for an affordable escape from the city the Fynbos Retreat is the perfect weekend getaway in the Western Cape. Set in a pristine natural wonderland, largely untouched and undisturbed by man, this accommodation in the Western Cape is the perfect place to relax, recharge and reconnect body, spirit and mind. There are also loads of things to do for the adventurous spirit and nature lover. With tons of hikes, mountain bike trails and a large dam on your doorstep you don’t even need to get in your car. However, the surrounding area offers an exciting range of activities which include Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai, whale watching in De kelders (June – December), the Southern Tip of Africa, Elim Wine Route and a whole lot more!
Why Choose Fynbos Retreat:
- Number one affordable weekend getaway in the Western Cape, only 2 hours drive from Cape Town
- Ideal venue and accommodation for couples, families and groups of friends looking for a nature retreat (can accommodate up to 30 people & very safe for children)
- A natural wonderland with a revitalising energy and transcending landscape
- Perdita & Jan your friendly hosts are always available to help with whatever you may need (Jan is also a certified Field Guide)
- A natural playground right on your doorstep (hiking, mountain biking, 4x4, trail running and more)
- Large selection of must see surrounding attractions (Gansbaai, L’ Agulhas, Stanford & Hermanus)
- Awesome entertainment areas with large outside decks, pizza oven, braai places and big dining tables
What You Need to Know:
- The Fynbos Retreat is located in the heart of the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve. Click Here for a Map & Directions
- Arum Lily House- Fully equipped house sleeps between twelve people and seventeen people. R1860 per night up to six guests, R310 per person over six.
- Fountain Bush Cottage - Fully equipped house sleeps maximum of eleven people. R1770 for up to six people . R295 p/p/n/ over six
- Sewejaartjie - One bedroomed cottage sleeps two in a double bed. R550p/n for the cottage
- Firelighters(R15) per pack and bags of wood(R20) can be purchased from management - honesty system. Cash only - no credit card facility.
- Catering - Meals can be arranged on a pre-booked basis:
- For larger groups (over 18 people) we can negotiate camping facilities and additional options
- We advise that you do your shopping and bring all your supplies with you (Gansbaai & Stanford are only a 20 minute drive if you forget something or need to stock up)
- A 4x4 will definitely add to the adventure (some incredible routes nearby) but most cars can access the retreat
- No breakage deposit: Honesty system.
More about Accommodation in Western Cape
|Hermanus Self Catering||Gansbaai Self Catering||Stanford Self Catering|