Self Catering Accommodation
Whether you are a family or group of friends, an outdoor adventurist or nature lover, the Fynbos Retreat Self-Catering Accommodation is your escape to a comfortable and private natural wonderland. For those who want the freedom to do their own thing without the restrictions of routine and the distractions of city life, then the Fynbos Retreat is the best weekend getaway self-catering accommodation.
Tucked away in the fynbos-clad hills between the villages of Stanford and Gansbaai in the Western Cape region of South Africa, the Fynbos Retreat is a nature lovers dream. You can choose from a range of outdoor adventures including mountain biking, hikes and walking trails, swimming in the dam, shark cage diving, whale watching (in season), food & wine tours and a whole lot more. Alternatively you can explore the hidden alleys and quaint secrets of the nearby towns Gansbaai, Stanford and Hermanus . . . or you can sit back, take in the nature and do absolutely nothing! At the Fynbos Retreat the choice is entirely yours.
Why Choose Fynbos Retreat:
- It’s the perfect weekend getaway only 2 hours from Cape Town
- A natural paradise and revitalising escape from the city - Ideal venue and accommodation offering for couples, family and group getaways (can accommodate up to 18 people & very safe for children)
- Personal and attentive service from Billy & Colleen
- A huge selection of outdoor adventures and activities right on your doorstep
- Great outside entertainment areas with large wooden decks, dining tables, undercover pizza oven and fire places
- Informative guided nature hikes upon request
- Closely situated to some incredible tourist attractions such as Shark Cage Diving, Whale Watching (land & boat based) as well as the Southern Tip of Africa
What you need to know:
- Arum Lily House- Fully equipped house sleeps between twelve people and seventeen people. R1860 per night up to six guests, R310 per person over six.
- Fountain Bush Cottage - Fully equipped house sleeps maximum of eleven people. R1770 for up to six people . R295 p/p/n/ over six
- Sewejaartjie - One bedroomed cottage sleeps two in a double bed. R550p/n for the cottage
- Firelighters(R15) per pack and bags of wood(R20) can be purchased from management - honesty system. Cash only - no credit card facility.
- Catering - Meals can be arranged on a pre-booked basis.
- For larger groups (over 18 people) we can negotiate camping facilities and additional options
- We advise that you do your shopping and bring all your supplies with you (Gansbaai & Stanford are only a 20 minute drive if you forget something or need to stock up)
- A 4x4 will definitely add to the adventure (some incredible routes nearby) but most cars can access the retreat
- No breakage deposit: Honesty system.
- Click here for MAP & DIRECTIONS